Educational Resources & Community Efforts
Chatham County and its municipalities offer educative resources and ways the communities strive to reduce stormwater pollution. Below are links to education resources and ways in which you can get involved in the community efforts.
FREE resources for local teachers (formal and informal) and students are available through the MPC. Contact them for education booklets, stickers, WaterSource Books, or for scheduling stormwater programs or storm drain marking assistance.
Online resources for residents:
- WaterSpout Newsletter – A quarterly newsletter available online and through an email distribution list. Contact us to have your name added to the email list!
- Storm Drain Marking
- Septic System Education
- Riparian Buffers in Your Backyard Brochure– Natural areas edging up to waterbodies are called “riparian buffers”. These buffers serve important habitat and water quality functions. This brochure can assist you with most or all of your riparian buffer questions for these important habitats in Chatham County.
- Green Infrastructure Practices
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control
- Household Hazardous Material Education Program
- University of Georgia Marine Extension Adopt-A-Wetland Program
- Georgia’s Adopt-A-Stream Program
- Recycling locations and further information for those in Chatham County
- Get Involved and Learn More